You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-20 17:34:31

No visual indication for most plugins in the slots on the Rack

The red indicators at the bottom of the slot previews on the Rack are only shown if there is a source or source plugin present. Therefore, a slot with e.g. just a normal brightness plugin looks empty.

On the workbench, the indicators work fine, even if a "normal" plugin is added to the workbench or if a slot with a "normal" plugin is dragged to the workbench.

#2 2021-11-21 11:01:16

Re: No visual indication for most plugins in the slots on the Rack

Yes, that's because there is no source, and so the the rack slot is blank because its not usable. The workbench is a special slot.

It sounds like you use the slots without sources quite a lot in your workflow.

Would you like an option to always show the fx indicators on all rack slots?

#3 2021-11-21 17:37:05

I just used plugins without source for tracking down bugs, but I believe that consistency is important and also I don't want to risk loosing work.

So even if it is not immediately useful, I think that the presence of a plugin should be indicated in the same manner in all cases. Otherwise if you put a couple of plugins into a slot and forgot in which one, you would have to check every single one of the seemingly empty slots. Or even worse, you would not think of it, close vidifold and loose it since slots with plugins but no source are cleared on exit.

Having an option would be nice, but I do not see the downside of making this the default behavior without an additional checkbox. The blue background would still indicate that it is not usable, but the red square would indicate that there is something there - and maybe the exit dialog needs a warning that slots without source will be cleared.

#4 2021-11-21 18:39:51

Hi again, I can see where your coming from.

I don't normally load plugins into unused slots and I quite like less clutter and the distinctive unused slot look. I could just disallow plugins in empty slots (I think this was the case once but it seemed a bit harsh). Saving plugins for empty slots is also bit strange to my mind, but I cant see any downsides.

I'll add a user option "remove indicators on empty slots" (cause I like it), and look at possibly saving empty slots setups.

#5 2021-11-22 16:52:30

Added user option for "Alt empty slots, displays indicators and setups saved in patches".

pending release

#6 2021-11-22 19:28:23

released v0.28.5

#7 2021-11-24 18:22:55

Thank you!
Perhaps the playhead at the bottom of each slot could be hidden if there is no clip to play, that way the "empty" slots look more empty (almost like before) and there is more visual difference to slots that contain a source and are ready to play.

#8 2021-11-28 17:58:40

yep, looks OK - done, pending release

#9 2021-11-29 12:46:58

released 0.28.7

#10 2021-11-30 14:25:07

Great, thank you!

Board footer

Keep posts civil, irrelevant posts will be removed. Please search for answers before posting