You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-14 23:43:10

[BUG] Crash deleting video from library

Hi,

currently I can't delete any video from my library: vidifold 0.23.2 crashes after confirming deletion ("Segmentation fault (core dumped)").

#2 2020-10-15 11:46:11

Re: [BUG] Crash deleting video from library

k, will chase ASAP

#3 2020-10-15 12:03:56

I can't seem to reproduce this, please send over a debug log, see topic in FAQ on how to do this.

https://forum.vidifold.com/viewtopic.php?pid=108#p108

#4 2020-10-15 15:13:26

Unfortunately I could not reproduce the problem running './VIDIFOLD 1': while I got 2 ubuntu errors browsing through the library ("ubuntu 20.04 has experienced an internal error", executable: gome-shell), I could delete all videos that I couldn't delete (even after restarting vidifold) yesterday.
Clips can also still be deleted after restarting vidifold with the regular command, so there seems to be no way to reproduce the issue at the moment.

#5 2020-10-15 16:52:19

Ah damn, hate those ones, but wait a minute... "ubuntu 20.04 has experienced an internal error" ! ,

If you haven't cleared it yet, I wonder whats in /var/crash folder

Random one, but I wonder if its because your running on a USB stick? Have you ever come across the file cache delay when using those. eg they can report the file has been written before its actually been written, this is why you always need to 'un-mount/remove' the device before you pull the stick out otherwise you can lose a lot of data as the files haven't flushed to the drive yet. Maybe a timing issue due to this?

#6 2020-10-15 17:50:37

Phew! Almost deleted it when I purged all other logs (/ was completely full). In /var/crash, there is a "_usr_bin_gnome-shell.1000.crash" file. It is almost 40 MB - are you looking for something in particular?
While I have come to expect error messages when using ubuntu, it is possible that the root file system was full (but I rather think that happened in the wake of the error). Other than that, the stick is doing fine, it is used like a normal harddisk, so I don't think there is a write cache - from my understanding everything is in RAM or read from/written to the drive directly.

#7 2020-10-15 20:03:52

without knowing if I caused the gnome-shell to crash (I don't think so), I'll take it there was some other combination of problems not JUST vidifold causing it. Happy to close this for now?

#8 2020-10-15 20:41:40

Yes, can be closed.

Board footer

Keep posts civil, irrelevant posts will be removed. Please search for answers before posting