You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-24 19:36:50

Output plugins are not saved

Hi,

In contrast to the bus plugins, the plugins applied to the output are not saved.

#2 2021-11-25 20:43:01

Re: Output plugins are not saved

By design, the plugins on output have never been saved. I consider it a live only slot. and a patch as a bus setup.

What would the behavior be when your jamming and you load a patch into bus B, should it just wipe the Output setup, or on every patch load require a popup with a "replace output plugins confirmation?" (obvs only if they have any saved in that slot)

And then there's dual mode output, sometimes I run it with 2 Outputs.

Not sure I'll chase this. Thinking about it.

#3 2021-11-26 16:38:58

From my point of view, the general user expectation is that everything gets saved. So if it is a live only slot, then it should be visually distinct from other slots.

If it can be saved, instead of saving it together with Bus A or B, I would save it separately. It would not even need to be a patch, it could be something that gets automatically saved and restored. Or, ideally, it could be a (sourceless) single slot patch that can be restored either to a slot on the rack or a bus or an Output.

#4 2021-11-27 11:31:40

Saving the "output" setups as part of the "startup patch" ie the auto save one on exit/load, makes sense. Something that was delayed as it's a special case. I'll put this on the backlog.

Having the ability to save individual "slot patches" really doesn't make sense to me. However,

1: there is already the ability to save 'slot snapshots', they only work for slots with a source, and they initially end up next to the source clip in the library (but you could move them to another bank).

2: HOWEVER, if you are just collecting effect setups, then that's what the "Aux patches" are for. You can drag FX bundles (the jigsaw piece at the end of an FX stack) into an aux rack slot. Once you have a collection save the patch as usual. These AUX patchs can be loaded and used as a global side channel or you can dragged from an Aux patch slot onto any other slot to clone/load that FX setup.

Does that help?

#5 2021-11-28 21:37:33

Never used snapshots so far. The button in the clip hamburger menu does not seem to do anything? The number of clips in the library stays the same.
What is the idea behind it - quickly saving a setup without having to duplicate the slot?

Aux patches are great, I was just thinking that saving single slots would help structuring/generalizing the code for saving and also add the ability to name an effect since getting a preview for plugins without source is problematic. On the other hand, descriptions of effects might get lengthy and cumbersome, so not the best idea after all.

Looking forward to the inclusion of the output setup in the startup patch.

#6 2021-11-29 12:46:46

Yep, slot snapshots got broken in 28.4, fixed now.

output setup now saved

released 0.28.7

#7 2021-11-30 15:29:45

Works now, thanks!
By the way, would be nice if the snapshots would get assigned to a "snapshots" bank.

#8 2021-11-30 19:22:52

Yes, I might make that an option - I've put it in my list of things to consider. Archiving this now

Board footer

Keep posts civil, irrelevant posts will be removed. Please search for answers before posting