You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-21 20:17:05

Alt-Tab behaviour

Q: Alt-Tab not only switches the main window to another application but also deactivates the video output on the second screen until I alt-tabbed back.

A: When I initially started writing this, some years ago, I started with working in the display manager trying to use SDL and some other libraries. It caused so many more problems then it solved, to the point I just couldn't get everything to play nicely and I really struggled to get the project off the ground. So I eventually switch to pure XLib and this did what it says on the tin.

VIDIFOLD is designed as a single on top window, to keep it as fast as I could. Switching contexts and sharing GL between windows was very slow and is not something I'm going to go back to review yet. I did not intend to support Alt-TAB'ing when I wrote the application, it was added in as an after thought on request, it also turned out to be a bit of a hack to make it work around some Gnome3 features, so although it works its not that useful for gigs.

#2 2020-10-11 18:23:35

Re: Alt-Tab behaviour

Additional: Alt-Esc is ignored

Board footer

Keep posts civil, irrelevant posts will be removed. Please search for answers before posting