You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-17 15:20:54

OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL) is not high enough, why?

The application stops with the splash screen saying my version of the OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL) is not high enough, why?

The application is expected to be run on a gaming graphics card with drivers.

Late in the day I've discovered that it's possible to have multiple OpenGL 'profiles'. (I was a bit behind the times when I started the project). I'm currently NOT detecting and selecting a profile but relying on the default. This mostly seems problematic with the default Mesa drivers.

Although I've recently managed to confirm it works on the default Mesa drivers, your success may vary, I have problems with these on my machine but others have no issues.

For the time being, your drivers needs to support GLSL 4.5+ in 'Compatibility Mode'. You can check for this using glxinfo.

If you think it should be working on your system, please get in touch.

#2 2021-08-12 08:05:39

Re: OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL) is not high enough, why?

Question:

I'm trying to run vidifold app I can only see the logo, it's written Critical error Requires minimum 4.3 shader version.  Do you know if I can do something to make it work?

Answer:

It's possible to bypass this check, but it MAY only partially work, if at all. You can run the program from the command line with:

./vidifold 2

If it doesn't work you could also run it in debug mode and send over the debug file with this command.

./vidifold 1

this will create a VIDIFOLD-logfile in the same folder as the executable.

NOTES:

1: this is a plain text file, so you can review what it contains before sending it over.
2: this grows very large very quickly, but shouldn't be a problem for you as its not getting very far.

It will tell us where its stalling.

Board footer

Keep posts civil, irrelevant posts will be removed. Please search for answers before posting