You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-22 18:04:01

Making a music video

VIDIFOLD doesn't DO AUDIO and I wouldn't guarantee 'lip sync' level of recording, but...

When I've produced 'music videos' with it:

1. I've prepare the audio (normally with an added 5 sec gap on each end) to run via VLC,  and have the interface close by
-- and when ready on VIDIFOLD (loaded up patches and ready for live run through)
2. started recording via 'Configuration & Tools' -> Video Recorder -> 'Start Now' AND as quickly as possible started VLC playback
3. perform the 'JAM'
4. and at or after the end of the audio,  stopped recording via 'Configuration & Tools' -> Video Recorder -> 'Stop Now'
5. WAIT... once the clip has been rendered and placed in the '!Vidifold Renders!" folder, locate and select it and used the 'export' option
6. I then use ffmpeg to attach the audio track to the video

Job done. You can see the results at the bottom of the VIDIFOLD homepage.

I really want to have an audio track loadable and triggered from within VIDIFOLD, with the mix down an option on the export, but it's not working yet and is early days for that bit.

#2 2021-03-06 20:58:13

Re: Making a music video

Another option/workflow based on notes supplied by Jim Ruxton.

He was using this to method to keep audio sync with video taken from phones. I haven't tried this myself but it works for Jim.
Basically running the primary video and audio via a feed and capturing the output via OBS.

1. convert the primary video from 1080 x1920 to 1280 x 720, so it can be used as a feed, top and tail the video with some black frames for the count in/out.

2. start the video by sending video to v4l2 and audio to default sound card ie.

ffmpeg -re -i inputVideo.m4v -map 0:v -pix_fmt yuyv422 -f v4l2 /dev/video0 -f alsa default

3. start OBS to record sound and video from monitor output.

4. Start VIDIFOLD and select/start/and load feed into a slot, manipulate the video till it ends.

5. Stop the feed, Exit VIDIFOLD, stop recording in OBS.

6. Convert video back to 1080 x1920

He says, this gives fairly good lip sync. Not perfect but this is much better than using a clip within VIDIFOLD for this application. It also takes  away the time necessary to process a recording and export it within VIDIFOLD.

Board footer

Keep posts civil, irrelevant posts will be removed. Please search for answers before posting